I was called out by a few people to write a bout five things people probably don’t know about me.
- I bounced around a total of four schools between the ages of 15 and 17 and never completed my high school education. Education is not bound by classroom walls.
- One of the most sublime moments in my life took place while chanting inside the Philae Temples in Egypt. Every where you look, you can find God.
- When I was 18, I returned to school and, beginning with my GED, didn’t stop until 10 years later when I had obtained three masters degrees: an MFA, MA, and MPhil. Don’t let anyone hold you back, least of all your self.
- My best friend will soon undergo surgery and I am terrified. Life is so short, so precious. So, grab it by the horns and enjoy what blessings you have.
- I believe that everything I have been able to accomplish rests upon the shoulders of others. From the intimate generosity of family, to the wide-spread wisdom of teachers, to the exploitive state of the world’s economy… I am here by chance, luck, and grace. I do my best to never forget that others have had different opportunities and challenges.